Contribute to the overall success of the National Association of Women’s Organisations in Uganda (NAWOU) by effectively and efficiently managing all financial and administrative aspects and resources of the organization to ensure stewardship, accountability and accurate and timely financial reporting through developing, reviewing and monitoring policies, guidelines and tasks for the finance and administration team to meet NAWOU strategic objectives in accordance with organizational and donor financial, administrative and supply chain guidelines.
- This is a senior management position reporting directly to the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement financial and administrative reporting guidelines and policies for decision making and risk management systems for programs monitoring and regulatory conformity in line with the organizational /donor policies and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement an overall internal control framework and monitor compliance and t efficient and effective utilization of funds and all NAWOU assets in line with the organizational assets Management guidelines and Risk management strategy.
- Preparing and consolidating NAWOU’s annual budget; monitoring expenses against budgets; managing of cash flows; approving expenditure up to a level agreed with the Secretary-General; monitoring all bank transactions, statements and reconciliations in line with the organizational policies and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the schedule for statutory external and internal audits as per the organizational minimum standards, monitor implementation of audit recommendations and lead the presentation of the annual audited accounts.
- Review and approve organizational transactions or payments for appropriateness, value for money, completeness and accuracy as per the NAWOU Finance Manual and supply chain guidelines.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to grow the organization through formulating strategies and plans, initiate and develop systems that document financial, administration and supply chain best practices that facilitate planning and institutional development.
- Plan, develop and Implement performance Management systems (performance agreements) in line with the HRMM, and HR strategic plan.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accurate, complete and timely organizational monthly and donor financial and administrative reports prepared and submitted in line with NAWOU policies and donor regulations.
- Robust Fleet, Supply chain, Security and finance internal control systems in place assures efficient and effective NAWOU resources utilization, risk identification and mitigation.
- Low Risk Internal Audit assessments and un-qualified external audit opinion
- Timely, accurate and complete payments leading to improved customer satisfaction.
- An Efficient and transparent People Management system that assures staff retention, motivation and growth in place.
Highly motivated and skilled staff achieving their annual objectives.
- A Minimum of a Bachelor degree in business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other related qualification.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems is desirable.
- Previous experience in People management and supply chain management is desirable
- Full / Part Completion CPA/ ACCA or a Master’s Degree in Finance and administration or related field is an added advantage.
A minimum of 5 years in a senior financial management responsibility preferably in a not- for profit organization.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization and Demonstrating objectivity, integrity, and ethical behaviour.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization and ability to work productively with individuals in a diversity of roles and with varying interests. Experience working with Boards and strong supervisory skills.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve the problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Persons interested in the above opportunities should submit online applications, CVs, copies of academic documents and details of at least two (2) referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd March 2020